Camp Cherokee is working on adjustments for this summer, stay tuned.
06/15/20 – Overnight Camps not allowed — We are exploring how to do camp this summer
New York State decides to not allow overnight camps.
Camp Cherokee will not have Children’s Camps this summer. All applications and funds will be returned.
We are still investigating what limitations we will have on Family Camps and Retreats. We are also exploring other ways to do ministry. Check back for updates.
05/01/20 – Adjusted Kids Camp Schedule & Registration Changes
Gibbs Family Reunion has been CANCELED
Because of this, kids camps have been moved back one week. This will hopefully allow more time and a better chance for us continuing camp this summer. Teen camp will start July 5.
The New York State Department of Health will make the decision if Camp Cherokee is allowed to be open this summer and under what conditions. We will be following the CDC and the American Camp Association recommendations and the NYS Department of Health requirements to operate a safe camp.
Additional health screening is planned for the arrival at camp, including temperature checks. Anyone running a temperature or having other symptoms of illness will not be admitted to camp. Other procedures will be outlined later.
The registration process will be different this year. If the camp is limited on how many children may attend each camp, admission will be by pre-registration based on the order the applications are received. Pre-registration is highly recommended since there may not be room for walk-in registrations on the first day of camp. Send the child’s application and payment to the address on the application. If we are limited in the number of campers, the pre-registration period will end when the camper limit has been reached. You will be notified of your child’s admission status. If the camp is not allowed to operate this summer, your payments will be fully refunded.
04/02/20 – All Camps As Scheduled
The leadership at Cherokee are continually reviewing and evaluating the current health situation and are in contact with the NY Health Department and other authorities about the safety of camp. We will provide updates as information becomes available about the recovery efforts and camp progress.